Membership Benefits, Application and Renewals
The Australasian College of Health Informatics is a professional community of national and international Health Informatics and Digital Health thought leaders, experts and trusted advisers. Become a Member of the College to be a recognised part of this community and enjoy the following privileges and benefits:
Your status as an ACHI Fellow ("FACHI") or Full Member ("MACHI") will give you:
- the right to include the post-nominals "FACHI" or "MACHI" after your name as evidence of your professional accomplishment
- a widely recognised expression of your professional achievements and status in Health Informatics
- an industry/career standing that is recognised by major employers and recruiters
Member of a Professional Community
As an ACHI member, you will be able to:
- communicate with the key Health Informatics experts in the region via our ACHI members-only e-mail group
- get broad professional exposure through our ACHI members-only LinkedIn group
- participate in the ACHI Members-Only Tele-Meetings
- have access to Members-Only briefings as well as the thought leaders and peak academics in the region
- demonstrate your professionalism through your compliance with the ACHI Professional Code of Conduct
- be part of a professional organisation with a unique profile due to regular participation in national and regional Health Informatics policy setting
- be part of the Australian professional community through ACHI's membership in the Australian Council of Professions ("Professions Australia")
- list books your have (co)authored or (co)edited on the College's web site: www.ACHI.org.au/Publications
As an ACHI member, you will be able to:
- contribute to ACHI comment documents on new policy drafts, reports and specifications. You will be listed as a co-author or additional author.
- represent ACHI in government, NGO and standards committees
- participate in members-only IMIA activities
- influence national Health Informatics standards though ACHI's membership in Standards Australia (and Standards New Zealand)
- influence global health informatics standards in the International Standards Organisation (ISO) though ACHI's membership in Standards Australia (and Standards New Zealand)
Information Access, Fee Discounts and other Benefits
As an ACHI member, you will get:
- members-only access to the IMIA Yearbook
- access to early drafts of local and global Health Informatics standards
- discounts on the ACHI events
- discounts on the annual conferences of your IMIA member body (HINZ in New Zealand)
Your status as an ACHI Fellow ("FACHI") will:
- be a formal recognition of the high level of your academic and/or professional achievements
- automatically convey eligibility for ACHI Student Membership to your Health Informatics students
- indicate that your academic programme has expert oversight
The College has four levels of membership reflecting the expertise and contributions to Health Informatics:
- ACHI Student Member (free)
- ACHI Graduate Member
- ACHI Full Member ("MACHI")
- ACHI Fellow ("FACHI")
How to Apply for Membership
To apply for free Student Membership, please
You must provide your education organisation e-mail (eg .edu) to apply for student membership. Thank you.
To be eligible for admission to the College as a Graduate Member, Full Member or Fellow, you must:
- Have the capacity to make or have made a measurable contribution to the field of Health Informatics
- Be an ethical user of health information, demonstrate professional integrity and have verifiable professional documentation
Please download and complete the Membership Application Form and e-mail to:
The ACHI Membership Sub-Committee will review your application, recommend the suitability and and membership level to the ACHI Council for approval. You will be notified of the result of your membership application within one month of submitting your application.
How to Apply for combined ACHI/HISA Membership
To apply for combined membership of the College and the Health Informatics Society of Australia (HISA), you have two options:
- Apply for ACHI membership (see above) and once approved, join HISA using the online form.
- Choose either the FACHI or MACHI level of membership on the HISA web site, complete the registration process and make payment then apply for ACHI membership (see above). Note: If your membership application for the College is not approved, you will be notified and the ACHI component of your combined membership fee will be refunded. You will remain a HISA ordinary member.
Need Help with Applying for Membership?
The College has a mentorship program to guide potential applicants wanting to become ACHI Members or Fellows.
Reflecting the diverse paths, qualifications and achievements that can lead to ACHI fellowship, the mentorship program is designed to help you become an ACHI Member or Fellow. If you would like to know if you qualify for ACHI membership, are unsure which level of membership you should apply for or have a question how to fill in the ACHI membership application form, your ACHI membership mentor can help.
e-Mail us at and a ACHI Fellow will contact you to answer your questions and guide you through the membership application process. Your mentoring Fellow can also provide you with advice and direction as to expanding your activities and progress in the profession of Health Informatics.Remember this page:
Please 'Share' this Information with anyone that may be interested:
|Membership Payment/Renewal - Student Member: Free|
|NZ Membership Payment/Renewal - Student Member: Free|
As an e-health professional organisation, we prefer to process membership payments electronically. Should you require help or can only pay by cheque, please e-mail or ring +61 448 355 338.
Online Payment Instructions
When you click on a payment button above, you will be directed to the Australasian College of Health Informatics on-line payments page - see the "Step-by-Step Instructions" below. This page is provided by PayPal Australia Pty. Ltd., who are acknowledged to be reliable and fully secure!
To pay by credit card, use the "Continue" link on the left part of the page.
To pay with your bank account or existing PayPal account, use the "LOG IN TO PAYPAL" box on the right. Note: Do NOT sign up for PayPal or enter your PayPal username/password - unless you want to pay with money in your PayPal account!
Don't forget to view and print the Receipt on the payment confirmation page.
As an e-health company, we prefer to process payments electronically. Should you require help or prefer to pay by cheque, Amex or telegraphic transfer, please contact us.
Thank you for using the Australasian College of Health Informatics on-line payment facility!
After clicking on one of the payment buttons above you will see:
To pay by credit card, click "Continue" in the left middle of the screen.
Do not "LOG IN TO PAYPAL" unless
you want to pay with the funds or the credit card in your PayPal account!
You will then see:
Fill in your credit card details including your phone # and e-mail, then click "Review Order and Continue".
You will then see the "Review Your Payment" screen. If you want to add a message with your payment,
click the "Add special instructions to merchant" link:
Check the info on the screen, then click the "Pay $... Now" button.
After a few seconds of processing, you will see the payment confirmation screen:
Click "View Printable Receipt" on the payment confirmation screen to view and print the Tax Invoice & Receipt:
... then click on "Return to Merchant" to continue ...
You will also shortly receive a confirmation e-mail to the e-mail address you provided on the payment screen.
If you have experienced any problems, please e-mail or ring +61 448 355 338.