Applications are open to any student in the first 12 months of their PhD studies at an Australasian University. Those further advanced in their studies may be accepted to the program, and should discuss this with the Program Manager prior to submitting an application.
There is a non-refundable Application Administration Fee of AU$250.00 associated with each application.
The following information is required to apply:
- A current resume
- A summary of academic qualifications
- A 250 – 500 word summary of your PhD thesis
- An outline of how your PhD will advance or influence the Health Informatics field
- Evidence that you have been enrolled into a PhD program at an Australasian University
- Evidence of citizenship, permanent residency or visa status.
The application process includes four stages:
- Complete the online application form and submit it along with the administration fee
- Provide additional evidence and information as detailed above when requested by Program team
- Application is reviewed by the Program team and accepted for interview or declined
- If invited, applicants attend interview with the Program team.
Interviews are competitive and based on merit, not all applicants who are interviewed will be accepted to the program.
Succesful applicants will be sent a Letter of Offer that must be signed and returned to accept their place in the program.
If an unsuccessful candidate would like to appeal the decision they are required to email the President of ACHI email@example.com within 14 business days.
If you are ready to apply to the program and process your Application Administration Fee please open the Application Guide below, which includes a link to the online application form.
“There is a very real opportunity to create a Health Informatics training program that will meet the industry demands for highly trained individuals, capable of taking leadership roles in health informatics.”
Professor Enrico Coiera (FACHI) – Director
Centre for Health Informatics, Australian Institute of Health Innovation, Macquarie University