The Australasian College of Health Informatics is the professional community of national and international Digital Health and Health Informatics thought leaders, experts and trusted advisers. Become a Member of the College to be a recognised part of this community and enjoy the following privileges and benefits.
Your status as an ACHI Fellow (“FACHI”) or Full Member (“MACHI”) will give you:
- the right to include the post-nominals “FACHI” or “MACHI” after your name as evidence of your professional accomplishment
- a widely recognised expression of your professional achievements and status in Health Informatics
- an industry/career standing that is recognised by major employers and recruiters
Member of a Professional Community
As an ACHI member, you will be able to:
- communicate with the key Health Informatics experts in the region via our ACHI members-only e-mail group
- get broad professional exposure through our ACHI Members-only LinkedIn group
- participate in the ACHI Members-only Tele-meetings
- have access to Members-only briefings as well as the thought leaders and peak academics in the region
- demonstrate your professionalism through your compliance with the ACHI Professional Code of Conduct
- be part of a professional organisation with a unique profile due to regular participation in national and regional Health Informatics policy setting
- be part of the Australian professional community through ACHI’s membership in the Australian Council of Professions (“Professions Australia”)
- list books you have (co-)authored or (co-)edited on the College web site
As an ACHI member, you will be able to:
- contribute to ACHI comment documents on new policy drafts, reports and specifications. You will be listed as a co-author or additional author.
- represent ACHI in government, NGO and standards committees
- participate in members-only IMIA activities
- influence national Health Informatics standards though ACHI’s membership in Standards Australia (and Standards New Zealand)
- influence global health informatics standards in the International Standards Organisation (ISO) though ACHI’s membership in Standards Australia (and Standards New Zealand)
As an ACHI member, you will receive:
- Members-only access to the IMIA Yearbook
- access to early drafts of local and global Health Informatics standards
- discounts on the ACHI events
- discounts on the annual conferences of your IMIA member body (HINZ in New Zealand)
Applying for Membership
The College has four levels of membership reflecting the expertise and contributions to Health Informatics:
- ACHI Fellow (“FACHI”)
- ACHI Full Member (“MACHI”)
- ACHI Graduate Member
- ACHI Student Member (free)
How to Apply for Full, Graduate or Fellow Membership
To be eligible for admission to the College as a Graduate Member, Full Member or Fellow, you must:
- have the capacity to make or have made a measurable contribution to the field of Health Informatics
- be an ethical user of health information, demonstrate professional integrity and have verifiable professional documentation
Please download and complete the Membership Application Form and e-mail to Applications@ACHI.org.au
The ACHI Membership Committee will review your application, recommend the suitability and membership level to the ACHI Council for approval. You will be notified of the result of your membership application within two months.
How to Apply for Combined ACHI/HISA Membership
To apply for combined membership of the College and the Health Informatics Society of Australia (HISA), you have two options:
Apply for ACHI membership
- download and complete the Membership Application Form
- e-mail your Application Form to Applications@ACHI.org.au
- once approved, join HISA using this online form
- choose either the FACHI or MACHI level of membership on the HISA web site complete the HISA registration process and make payment
- Note: If your membership application for the College is not approved, you will be notified and the ACHI component of your combined membership fee will be refunded. You will remain a HISA ordinary member
How to Apply for Student Membership
The College has free membership for Students who are currently enrolled in a Health Informaticsrelated subject or study program and are aiming to build capacity for contribution to the field of Health Informatics, through continuing learning and development in the profession.
To apply for free Student Membership, please click here.
You will be notified of the result of your membership application within one month.
How to Pay Membership Fees
The fee will be invoiced after a new membership application has been authorised by the ACHI Council or is due for renewal, which includes any discount applicable.
Need help with your Membership application?
If you would like to know if you qualify for ACHI membership, are unsure which level of membership you should apply for or have a question how to fill in the ACHI membership application form, your ACHI membership mentor can help.
e-Mail us at Mentors@ACHI.org.au and an experienced ACHI Fellow will contact you to answer your questions and guide you through the membership application process. Your mentoring Fellow can also provide you with advice and direction as to expanding your activities and progress in the profession of Health Informatics.